Monday 1 August 2022

#WEP August 2022 Challenge - #Moonlight Sonata - Sign up here on August 17th

Welcome to the August Challenge for Write...Edit...Publish, Moonlight Sonata! 

Renee posting today. There continue to be super fabulous entries for all the challenges. I can't wait to see which direction you all take with Moonlight Sonata.

Remember, it doesn't matter the words or pictures that we use for the prompt. The choice is yours for where you want to take the suggested inspiration. One word, maybe an impression you received when you first saw the badge? Wherever your inspiration comes from. It's right! Let the words flow...

XXX


Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash

To give you a little information and inspire your writing, Nila composed this regarding the Moonlight Sonata:

This challenge is based on Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven a nod to Western classical music from the 19th century. A timeless masterpiece that he composed in 1801, dedicated to Countess Giulietta Guicciardi, who was briefly his student and who he fell in love with. But could not marry due to the strict social conventions of the time. The Sonata, originally titled Sonata una quasi Fantasia -Piano Sonata No 14 in C sharp minor, became extremely popular during the composer's lifetime, so much so that Beethoven himself seemed to tire of it, writing to a friend that it was the only thing of his that people want to hear. It acquired its evocative nickname five years after Beethoven's death in 1832 after the poet and music critic Ludwig Relistab said it brought to mind the moon setting over Lake Lucerne.

There are a million ways to interpret this challenge - use the title to define your setting, a water body, a full moon, a floating craft, a romantic evening...

Use it to devise your character - a werewolf, a vampire, a modern-day witch/wizard...

Use the backstory to create your flash about circumstances scuppering a relationship...or a nickname coming to define something/someone...

Beethoven's life itself can inspire a thousand stories - listen to his music composed 200+ years ago and go where the muse takes you. And take us right along with you for the ride

Have fun writing!

The August Prize:

 CHRISTINE RAINS, Speculative Fiction author, is offering a 10,000-word critique.

She says, "I'm a detailed critic. I give my reactions as I'm reading, along with what I like and don't like, overall plot, tropes, and characterization. I try my best to be as helpful as possible."

Her latest book Ravage of Revenants: A Fantasy LitRPG Adventure (Khthonia Book 2),a fantasy LitRPG/GameLit for fans of table-top role-playing games. 

Nora Quinn has spent years honing her mystery-solving skills. When the game calls for several days of gathering information, she's excited to uncover who the evil necromancer is. She plays Essaerae, an elven bard at home with the aristocrats of Willowbright Woods and political maneuvering. Yet her friends are not. They're enjoying their new lives trapped in the dark fantasy world of Khthonia. Finding the way home is no longer a priority, especially if it means hours of tedious investigating.

Assassins set their sights on the heroes, and undead attack the city. Someone on the esteemed Council is likely the necromancer, and to end the curse on Khthonia, the players must unmask them. Nora's left to figure the puzzle out on her own. The problem is, if she splits from the party, she will die.

Christine has a new website. Click to visit her.

So, to win Christine's valued prize,

submit your Moonlight Sonata entry between

August 17 – 19th.


COMMENTING:

If you have trouble commenting on blogger blogs, please continue to leave a comment here. And if your comments are down and you have a blogger blog, consider changing your comment settings to Pop-ups, not embedded, temporarily until google provides a fix.



We'd love if you'd Tweet Tweet Tweet

some / all

WEP writing prompt August's Moonlight Sonata @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner @jemifraser https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/08/wep-august-2022-challenge-moonlight.html Sign up August 17-19! #amwriting #flashfiction #WEPFF #poetry #nonfiction #amwriting #flashfiction #WEPFF #poetry 

Get your thinking caps on for August's Moonlight Sonata @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner @jemifraser https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/08/wep-august-2022-challenge-moonlight.htmlSign up August 17-19! #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction #poetry #nonfiction

Join WEP @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner @jemifraser, for the next Challenge of 2022, August's Moonlight Sonata. Sign up and post August 17-19 17https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/08/wep-august-2022-challenge-moonlight.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction #poetry #nonfiction

Write with @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee, @LGKeltner @jemifraser, for the August challenge Moonlight Sonata! Sign up and post on June 17-19 https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/08/wep-august-2022-challenge-moonlight.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction #poetry #nonfiction

***

To Post Our Link Please Use the Code Below:

<!-- start InLinkz script -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=828973"></script>

<!-- end InLinkz script -->


Remember:

Have Fun!

And the fun continues in October, dubbed the Fear Fest challenge when I host the fabulous Halloween challenge. You don't have to write creepy if that's not your idea of fun. Check out our suggestions for October, but go with your pleasure.

The prompt is based on Thriller, released in the early 80's,  an unofficial anthem for Halloween and horror.


 Renee, for...



34 comments:

  1. Here we go again! Can't wait to read the interpretations to Moonlight Sonata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already having fun juggling 'love' and 'the war' for this one... with a cliffhanger nod to October's thriller.

    Good writing luck everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you too. Look forward to reading your entries!

      Delete
    2. This sounds interesting Roland. Will be a great read for sure.

      Delete
  4. Links are all working. Let us know if you need help. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damyanti for some reason Akismet will not allow me to publish a comment on your site.
      Loved your entry. Your writing is flawless, your description mesmerizing. The story is inviting. Can't wait to read this one! Congratulations!

      Delete
  5. Hi All! So happy to be able to submit this time! So looking forward to reading everyone's story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The link to N.R. Williams (#5) directs back to this post. ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. The same thing happened to me, Olga.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, there is a problem with Christopher Scott's link (#18). Renee, I don't know how to fix the links, or I'd have done it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it. Yours is fixed too. Between us, we eventually get them fixed. But I think too many spoons in the mix might also be the problem. I saw you up twice. Once for the last post. LOL We'll get it right, eventually!

      Delete
    2. Also, one of the secrets to adding URL's to the linkt list is to delete the https//. Because the site adds it's own. That's the problem I've found several times.

      Delete
  9. "Christine has a new website. Click to visit her."
    That's going to blogger.
    I imagine it should go to
    https://christinerainswrit.wixsite.com/home/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JLennie. We'll have to get onto that.

      Delete
    2. Correction made. Amazing how that happens. Installing links is a touchy business these days. :)

      Delete
  10. My story is up.
    I'm excited about this one because I've been practising this piece for ages! Confession: I haven't practised in the last 18 months or so... the fingers and brains are rusty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle, you should have added a video of your playing. Great that you've been practising.
      Loved your piece!

      Delete
    2. Me, too! First time participating because of this beautiful song.

      Delete
    3. As I mentioned, the fingers and musical brain need oiling... however, I DO need to get back to the piece.

      Delete
  11. For some unfathomable reason my comment on Debbie's piece is not getting through, so pasting it below.

    Thank you for this fun entry! Really liked the poem and the visuals too. Always a thrill finding a poetry entry at WEP, and rhymed at that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also couldn't comment on Damyanti's entry. Never happened to me before.

      Tight flash and brilliant use of the musical terminology. Your writing is always a delight to read. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. So unfortunately we're still having commenting/posting issues.We're all doing our best.
    I've been through and read all the entries. Some I did on the run whilst on the road, so hope I commented on everyone's. I'll pick it up on my second read. Thanks for awesome entries as usual! Great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first time participating. This song is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think/hope I have commented on all of the stellar entries. If I have left you out I apologise - and please let me know.
    And thank you one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Updated my piece as forgot BLURB:
    Blurb: As relationships are rekindled, an all-women squadron reforms in Ukraine
    https://rolandclarke.com/2022/08/17/wep-iwsg-august-challenge-moonlight-sonata/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Has my comment wound up in the spam folder? I have (I hope) commented on every entry. And many, many thanks to the contributors and the organisers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think my comment took on Michelle Wallace's blog. Here is what I said:
    This is a powerfully written piece. It brought to mind a couple of guys I knew a long time ago, one when I was in high school, one when I was in my early 20s. For context, I graduated high school in 1983. Both of these guys friended me on Facebook, thinking I'd still be that person I was decades ago. Thankfully, I've moved on from those days. I didn't have the emotions Carmelita did about them trying to recreate the past. I was more baffled than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I attempted to comment on Damyanti Biswas' piece, I received the notification that "nonce verification failed." I'll take that as a positive since I am most assuredly not a nonce. Here is my comment.
    This piece has quite a poetic and lyrical flow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am pleased to read this blog post which contains lots of useful information, thanks for providing this.
    Renee Video Editor Pro

    ReplyDelete

Have temporarily enabled comments without moderation. If the spammers hit us, it'll be reinstated.