Saturday 1 June 2024

#4 WEP GET TOGETHER - JUNE 2024 - An Opportunity to Share!


 Hi WEPpers and friends!

Already time for our fourth Get Together. And boy is life flashing by! Hit us with your news, writerly or personal. 

It's June, the year's almost half over and life hasn't quit throwing drama our way. We, the WEP admins have all dealt with changes, from health issues to family health issues, and major moves. So much so that blogging has taken a back seat to everything else. So if you don't get a personal report below, just know it's due to major life issues.

No changes have been made to the post, like adding a Linky to share personal posts. We may do that in the future, but for now please remember the Chat Box on the side and the comments section to add your links so others can follow.

Our paths are never easy, but we still wanted to touch base, so let us know what you're doing! We love hearing from you.

Photo by Maddi Bazzocco on Unsplash

~*~

Here's what the WEP team has been up to:


Hello, hello, this is Nila with you...

       Gosh! I’ve been away the longest time I ever have since I started blogging - a whole entire month!

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. Bertrand Russell.

Half this year's nearly over, and well, the blurry vision issues are still ongoing. Life has generously handed me sundry other lemons as well to make lemonade with 😊… Hopefully, my wits are growing sharper, and hopefully, the inner vision crisps up in direct proportion to the fuzziness of the outer one.  

While I've waited for things to get better,  I have -  participated in my own version of the A-Z challenge in April. I've also written a dozen plus poems, collated some of my linked flashes into the final form short story and written down ideas for two more. I've tidied up my blog a bit. So...not a complete waste of time.  

I've got to admit though, WEP prompts and my own schedule of posting at the blog kept me disciplined and regular, I miss that.  Regular writing is also a way of sharpening the wits, a much pleasanter one comparatively. Hope  I can get back to that regularity soon.

Meanwhile, I'm wishing you magical things revealing themselves near you. Keep writing and keep in touch!

Photo by Mika Baumeister on Unsplash

~*~

Hello everyone! Renee here.


Hey, here's hoping your June is the beginning of new adventures. I'm looking forward to the changes coming into my life with a little trepidation.  
But isn't that the way with change? You never know what the future holds, but here's to the unknown and the opportunities that come with change. 
Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash

I love positive thoughts, so here are a few for you:


"Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be." -Sean Higgins

 "The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new" -Socrates

 "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." -Barack Obama

"When you're finished changing, you're finished." -Benjamin Franklin

***

The one thing I'm most proud of these last few months is the editing I do for others. Please hit me up if you need help, especially with adding conflict, red herrings, etc.

Click here for a Developmental Edit

All prices are negotiable!!!!

~*~

Hi all! Renee reporting for Denise . 

Denise wanted me to let you know she's been helping to care for her son Clarke. He's been in intensive care for 8 weeks, and she hasn't opened a laptop in that time. There just isn't time for anything else...

Please keep her and Clarke in your prayers.
Photo by Nik on Unsplash


~*~

And again, Renee reporting for Jemi...


Jemi is dealing with a personal loss. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.













~*~

Hello everyone! Sonia here.

Relocating isn't such an adventure, or is it! Well, it feels wonderful to be adding my bit to the WEP get-together, because I've been away from blogging for two long months. I've moved to a new city and state and taking my time to settle down. But I hope to 'break this break' and restart soon. 
Meanwhile, I managed to take out time to edit an old flash fiction and it's out there now, looking for a home. In the month of March, I submitted a short story for a Writing Grant, the results of which are expected by the middle of this month. I can certainly do with lots of good wishes!
Some of our members have been facing a difficult time and I wish them lots of strength as they deal with it. As they say, this too shall pass. 
While I was away from writing, I took out time to walk around the new city and indulge in a little photography. So, here's something from my camera roll. 


Until we meet again, wishing you all well, and happy writing!
 

~*~

Hello everyone! Olga here.

I recently designed a cover for a story by one of our most loyal members. Not sure I should reveal it for her here before she publishes her story, but I'll definitely do it afterward, with a link to Amazon. It was very satisfactory to work on her cover with her.

Let me know if you're interested in cover design. I'd love to work with you!


Photo by Edho Pratama on Unsplash


~*~


That's it for most of the team this month. Looking forward to your posts. 

Renee for the team...



See you in August!


17 comments:

  1. Hi Denise here. Trying for a comment as I’m on my laptop.

    Thanks Renee for getting the post up. Beautiful. Thanks to those who reported something. We really need those prompts to get our creative juices going.

    Clarke is much better but will continue treatment in the ICU for now.

    Nila, I wish the best for your challenges. A writer needs a good pair of eyes.

    Jemi, condolences again. How sad.

    Olga, glad you told us about your covers.

    Renee I await further news. I promise to open my laptop soon.

    Ciao everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant I’m on my phone.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad Clarke is doing much better. It was my pleasure to get the post up. I hope the future is much brighter for everyone!

      Delete
    3. Hello Denise! Thank you for holding this place together despite your struggles. So good to know that your son is doing better. Po

      Delete
  2. MotherOwl here, also my life has been turbulent, small diseases and mishaps following in the heels of one another, sometime leaving me glorious two days breathing space (used for catching up chores mostly), but normally less. I hope that the coming week will see the last of the personal tribulations to the door, and in that way leave me more room for writing, editing, blogging and commenting, apart from gardening, plant dyeing, soaping ... I have a busy life health permitting.
    Well wishes for all you wonderful and ailing tema members and the whole WEP community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update, MotherOwl. It's good to hear from you. It seems to be a turbulent time for everyone, the world as a whole too. Wishing for health, peace, and a more loving nature for all of us! Sending a virtual hug!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for stopping by. So sorry about all your mishaps. I wish you good times ahead.

      Delete
  3. It is great to be back in this space and touch base with everyone, regardless of the circumstances. Wishing all a much better month ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Nila – Your Ideas Matter – so true to consider others' thoughts … one of our Eastbourne Alive art works is a contemporary text sculpture on the outside of the library … 'I Don't Have Another Land' … similar thoughts.

    I hope your eyes sort themselves out – but I agree the discipline of writing to a prompt helps …

    @ Renee – congratulations on your projects … and yes change is a positive … giving us new opportunities – I have to say Barack's is one I haven't seen before – he says it as it should be.

    @ Denise via Renee – oh my gosh I didn't know … absolutely I'll be thinking of you, Clarke and the family. I sincerely hope for an easy outcome … with thoughts … .... it does sound as though Clarke is improving - long may it continue ...

    @ Jemi via Renee – similarly to Jemi – tragedy is not at all easy and always unexpected … with thoughts …

    @ Sonia – all the best as you adjust … but glad to see you're writing as and when. As you rightly remind us … 'this too shall pass' … I've had a few of those in my life …

    @ Olga – I'd love to be able to design, draw, paint etc … I just have to do it with words … so I always look forward to seeing your work. Looking forward to seeing that design you've created for a loyal member …

    Cheers to you all – I do hope life eases up particularly for those really struggling with real-life devastations … and for everyone in this unsettled world - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary. You are always very kind.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Hilary. Appreciate you and your kind words for all!

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's a lot going on. Hugs to those dealing with such rough patches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone!
    Renee, thank you for your gracious-ness and for holding everything together. Also, for the lovely quotes.
    Nilanjana, my best wishes for the blurry vision to be better soon. You've done a lot.
    Olga, so happy for you.
    Jemi and Denise, you're in my prayers and thoughts.
    -Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Have temporarily enabled comments without moderation. If the spammers hit us, it'll be reinstated.