Sunday 1 October 2023

#WEP - October #FlashFiction Challenge - The Phantom of the Opera - Post October 18 - 20

 


Welcome to the October Challenge 

for WEP - Write...Edit...Publish,

The Phantom of the Opera!


Hey writers, Renée here with our next challenge. We chose the movie The Phantom of the Opera to inspire your writing for this month's WEP Challenge. 

Post October 18th to 20th, 2023

xxx

FYI: Nila summarizes and gives possible scenarios. But it's all up to you. 

What did you find the most inspiring? Rich pickings here for interpretations - obsessive love, abduction, child abuse, period romance, horror, disfigurement and disability and their acceptance, body image and confidence, music and musical careers...

We set aside October to celebrate speculative fiction, horror, and paranormal, but as always no bar on any genre except erotica.

See the menu above for the link to 2023 Challenges: or click here.

~~**~~

Remember to add a tagline:

"A tagline is more like a catchphrase that conveys a feeling or a promise about the story. A tagline should be catchy, genre-focused, and intriguing."

Go Here to Learn More about Taglines.

~~~***~~~

CRITIQUE PRIZE -

Beta read of your latest novel with a mini developmental edit.

From Yolanda Renée

 About (me) Renee:

     I'm a writer and blogger.  My favorite genres are mystery/suspenseful romance, poetry, and horror. 

     I have six published novels, a book of poetry, 2 books of short stories, and several short stories in anthologies.

 LINKS:

Blog     Twitter     Facebook

Check out all our critiquers in the sidebar. If you want a critique or a professional edit, think of our generous critiquers who give of their time, gratis.

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~




In case you missed our latest HOW TO by Jemi Fraser just follow this link:

#WEP HOW TO BE A #WIDEAUTHOR - Article 4 of the 'How-to' series

&

Check out the new #WEP #Anthology Page We are open for #submissions to all #WEP or #RFW members, past and present. @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee, @SoniaDogra16 @jemifraser 


We'd love it if you'd Tweet or post to FB or any social media site where you network! If you avoid social media, we totally get you.

 

WEP movie #writingprompt October 2023s "The Phantom of the Opera" @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @SoniaDogra16 @jemifraser https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2023/10/wep-october-flashfiction-challenge.html Sign up & post-October 18th thruv20th! #amwriting #flashfiction #WEPFF #poetry #nonfiction

Get your thinking caps on for the October 2023 movie prompt "The Phantom of the Opera"@DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @SoniaDogra16@jemifraser https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2023/10/wep-october-flashfiction-challenge.html Sign up & post your entry October 18th thru 20th! #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction #poetry #nonfiction

Join WEP @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @SoniaDogra16 @jemifraser for the fourth movie Challenge of 2023, "The Phantom of the Opera." Sign up and post your entry October 18th thru 20th https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2023/10/wep-october-flashfiction-challenge.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction #poetry #nonfiction. 


To Post Our Link Please Use the Code Below:

<!-- start InLinkz script -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=829658"></script>

<!-- end InLinkz script -->

Wishing you an amazing October.

Bring on the entries!

 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~

 

Our next movie prompt is for December. How about this?

The subject is all up to you!

Go HERE for ideas ...


Post - December 1st thru the to 15th, 2023

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

 Renée &Denise for the team:

 




14 comments:

  1. Happy writing. I am looking forward to some wonderful reading. As always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sure to be fabulously spooky!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for your reading, Sue. We value you more than you know. It's sure to be a thriller.

      Delete
  2. I don't think that my comment on Shilpa Gupte's flash took. I tried to say that I was smiling - and can think of worse things to become than a well loved and pampered house cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh: I don't think my comment on Pat Garcia's post took either. Thank you for this lovely and loving take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking advantage here to make those comments. It's quite frustrating. I changed mine to a separate page, as recommended by Alex. Doesn't help the other blog sites though.

      Delete
  4. I'm gonna try and read what I can. With my laptop being dead, I may not get to everyone's entry but, I will try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can only do your best. So happy to see you posting again!

      Delete
  5. I don't know if my comment took on Damyanti's blog. I thoroughly enjoyed her powerful story about a son tortured by the spirit of his ne'er-do-well father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comment for Damyanti didn't take either. She packs so much power into her words!

      Delete
  6. Hey all! I've finally finished my reading and I didn't have any trouble commenting, well, except Word Press used my Word Press blog in the comments, but otherwise it was a relief. Judging by the paucity of comments on mine, I guess blogspot wasn't allowing comments.

    I would appreciate a comment in the C-box or here in comments as I'd like to know what you think. Sorry I was late doing the rounds, but I've been driving for 4 days across Australia through 4 time zones and states. Here I am in South Australia by the beach for 2 weeks, then the drive back, oh my.

    Thanks for many great reads...

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU one and all. I have, I hope, read all the entries and as usual they covered a wide range and delighted me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Olga:

    Folks, I have been away until today, visiting my friend in LA. That's why I'm so late in reading all the entries. Sadly, not every site allows me to comment. To those that don't, I will comment here.

    Denise, I couldn't comment on your post. It's charming and tragic, utterly beautiful.

    Nila, I couldn't comment on your post. It was very atmospheric and totally engrossing. Your story is unfolding in an unexpected direction.

    Beth, I couldn't comment on your post. Your story is short, but it packs a punch. Finding a place for your creativity is a wonderful gift for any artist.

    Jamie, I couldn't comment on your post. Sorry to hear about your husband's medical woes. I hope he heals soon.
    What a fantastic story your flash is! Fear and music and reality and imagination all blended together.

    Ornery Owl, I couldn't comment on your post. What a great essay you wrote. Informative and emotional and underlined with ethical issues.

    Damyanti, your site seems to have eaten my comment. Congrats on your new release. What a powerful story you have crafted. I wonder: what has the priest done for his family?
    ===========================
    Thanks.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.
    I would like to know where and how to submit my flash for the anthology.

    ReplyDelete

Have temporarily enabled comments without moderation. If the spammers hit us, it'll be reinstated.