Monday 31 January 2022

#WEP 2022 Introduces the Year of Music Challenges with All You Need Is Love - Sign Up Here!

        

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the February Challenge! Jemi here. This is the first post in our Year of Music and we can't wait to see the stories these songs  inspire!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Note:

CRITIQUES

This is a most vital part of participation, but it has also proven to be why folks walk away from participation.

Please be courteous with your words!

For the WEP, a critique is:

Constructive feedback or positive reinforcement of the writer while helping reign in problems or giving helpful suggestions.

The point is to be helpful, not hurtful.

The WEP is a place where writers can confidently share their work without fear of harsh words or biting feedback. No matter what the choice is by the author of the type of critique.

Check the Menu Items Under The Critique for more information!


***

Please remember to include a blurb/tagline with your story! 

Short and sweet. A tagline doesn't have to tell the story. It captures the theme. Go on, give it a try!!!! 


February's Prize:

The February Prize is a 10k critique by Lynda Dietz!!

Lynda is the editor from Easy Reader Editing. 


Lynda provides editing that covers many levels, from line edits & copyedits to partial manuscript evaluations and beta reading. She'll tidy up your blog posts, read through your website content, and check for errors in your query letter or newsletter, too.

Easy Reader Editing Website


You've got to be in it to win it!

THE APRIL CHALLENGE



From our CHALLENGES 2022 PAGE

A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall has been described as the ‘most idiosyncratic protest song ever written.’ Bob Dylan, the Nobel Laureate and another 60's icon, wrote, composed and sung it in 1962 when he was only 21. It’s been covered by many artistes including Pete Seeger, Joan Baez and has never really stopped being sung ever since. Dylan has sold  more than 125 million records/albums making him one of the most popular artistes of all time.  

This one is wide open to all kinds of interpretations. Because human suffering – it’s as wide, deep and long as life is, of a trillion takes potential.

Happy writing!




We'd love if you'd Tweet Tweet Tweet

some / all of these:

WEP writing prompt All You Need is Love @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner @jemifraser https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/01/wep-2022-introduces-year-of-music.html Sign up February 16-18! #amwriting #flashfiction #WEPFF #poetry #nonfiction #amwriting #flashfiction #WEPFF #poetry 

Get your thinking caps on for All You Need Is Love @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner @jemifraser https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/01/wep-2022-introduces-year-of-music.html Sign up February 16-18! #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction #poetry #nonfiction

Join WEP @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner @jemifraser, for the next Challenge of 2022, February's All You Need Is Love. Sign up and Post February 16-18! https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/01/wep-2022-introduces-year-of-music.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction #poetry #nonfiction

Write with @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee, @LGKeltner @jemifraser, for the February challenge All You Need Is Love! Sign up and post on February 16-18! https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2022/01/wep-2022-introduces-year-of-music.html 


To Post our Link, use this:

<!-- start InLinkz script -->


<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=828145"></script>


<!-- end InLinkz script -->

We are looking forward to seeing where this month's prompt takes you! 


27 comments:

  1. Music is not my bag, but I will certainly be reading and *may* be writing this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know all of the songs (and music is definitely my thing!). Hope some of the titles inspire stories for you!

      Delete
  2. Dear WEP,
    I love these challenges, and would happily participate AND receive the critique / feedback of other participants. But I have a problem: I would not like to win any of the prizes - is it possible to participate and renounce the prizes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winner always has the option to pass on the prize to the next place winner. If you would prefer to not be considered for the prizes at all, just remind us during your post that you're participating for the experience, not any of the prizes. Looking forward to your entries!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I am going to try, health issues could keep me away, but I just love a good challenge!

      Delete
    3. Wishing you good health, Charlotte. Looking forward to reading your story if you feel well enough to write it!

      Delete
    4. I did not feel better, but I worte and wrote - and it became far too long. My word count ended up at 4,432 words - far too long for a W.E.P submission. If you'd like to read it anyway, here's a link: All you need is Love Thanks for hosting this wonderful challenge.

      Delete
  3. Great set of challenges so Sparkle will try to persuade me to write. Sadly, health issues continue with no respite in sight.

    Good luck with writing and music, all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending best wishes and healing vibes from all of us your way, Roland!
      Looking forward to more Sparkle!

      Delete
    2. Wishing you strength, Roland. I hope Sparkle motivates you!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. Sorry, no Sparkle inspiration, but my Goddess wove her magic as you can see.

      Delete
    4. Thanks Denise - Skadi is smiling.

      Delete
  4. What a great theme! Wishing all the participants luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I agree! I don't know all the songs yet but I'm looking forward to the challenge!

      Delete
  6. Sorry, I was filled with good intentions but my brain and my body have let me down. I am really, really looking forward to reading the entries though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some terrific entries already.
      Thanks as always for your terrific support!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for reading the entries, Sue. I hope your body and brain perk up.

      Delete
  7. Have read the first 14 and they were cracking good. Hoping that's only the half of it! Bring 'em on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished reading all the other entries (15 so far), and I'm blown away by the creativity. Thanks again, WEP, for providing this wonderful creative outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I threw down a poem but almost forgot to post it! I will be back to read and comment. For now it's off to the food bank. Yay or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just finished reading and commenting on all the posts. As usual, I'm so impressed by the variety of interpretations of the prompt. Some made me laugh, others moved me to tears, others had me contemplating concepts I'd never thought much about before. There is so much to be learned about writing craft from each of these pieces too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I'm so impressed with the talent showcased!

      Delete

Have temporarily enabled comments without moderation. If the spammers hit us, it'll be reinstated.