Wednesday 19 August 2020

#WEP AUGUST CHALLENGE - LONG SHADOW - SIGN UP HERE


*** 

COPY THE CODE AND PASTE IT ON YOUR BLOG
<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript">
document.write('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" src="https://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=824858&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');
</script>
<!-- end InLinkz script -->

IF THE ABOVE DOESN'T WORK, TRY THIS ONE!
<!-- start InLinkz script -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=824858"></script>

<!-- end InLinkz script -->
______________________________________________________________________
The linky will close on the 22nd of August at 23:55 EST.
Please be sure to read and comment on everyone's entries. We may not be counting comments this time around, but it's crucial to the success of WEP that all of you continue to read and comment to the best of your ability. We all appreciate your efforts!




PLEASE TWEET THESE!
Sign up for the WEP challenge, Long Shadow. @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner, @OlgaGodim https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2020/08/wep-august-challenge-long-shadow-sign.html #amwriting, #amreading, #amediting, #ff, #flashfiction, #nonfiction, #poetry, #prizes

Join the enthusiastic writers at WEP. Sign up here for the Long Shadow challenge  @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner, @OlgaGodim https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2020/08/wep-august-challenge-long-shadow-sign.html #amwriting, #amreading, #amediting, #ff, #flashfiction, #nonfiction, #poetry, #prizes

Fourth WEP writing challenge of 2020 @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner, @OlgaGodim https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2020/08/wep-august-challenge-long-shadow-sign.html Sign up or read. #amwriting, #amreading, #amediting, #ff, #flashfiction, #nonfiction, #poetry, #prizes

Read some great short #writing here at the WEP, @DeniseCCovey @YolandaRenee @LGKeltner, @OlgaGodim https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2020/08/wep-august-challenge-long-shadow-sign.html #amwriting, #amreading, #amediting, #ff, #flashfiction, #nonfiction, #poetry #prizes

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION!





36 comments:

  1. I cannot access C.L McKenzie's piece. It returns an error 404 and going to her blog site doesn't help either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting us know! It's working now as far as I can tell.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I was able to get to her post this morning - which pleased me mightily.

      Delete
  2. C. Lee McKenzie's link is failing with an "Error 404: page not found" message at https://www.cleemckenziebooks.com/wep-august-2020-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When that type of error occurs, it means the link is not yet live. The differing time zones is problematic for some. Just be patient.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. @ Denise It have been working for quite a some time now.
      @Laura Could not understand which comment has been removed. :)

      Delete
    4. I removed the comment I originally had here because it was in the wrong spot. I meant to reply to your issue with Kalpana's post, not to this issue, but I somehow ended up putting it here at first.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I got the same Error 404

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could read the story today. You're right Denise, it wasn't live.

      Delete
  4. Tried to access C.Lee Mckenzie's story through the link on twitter but that returns the same error.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't post comment at Kalpana's. my single comment was perceived as duplicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ongoing. You can't usually comment if you go through WEP. Put her URL in google and it should be fine.

      She's modified her URL as per C-Box. I've checked it and it works.

      https://kalpanawrites.com/

      Delete
    2. I had issues this time around, too. I ended up having to use a different web browser, and that seemed to work. Not sure if that will be any help to you and your troubles, but I thought I'd mention it.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Denise. Thank you Laura.

      Delete
    4. Your comment was in spam Sanhita.

      Delete
  6. I intend to submit the next episode of Sparkle's Custody Chain case. But although I wrote a draft days ago, I've been too ill to edit it or even post the 'too 'long' draft. In fact, this is my first visit online for days. WEP is my priority so I'll keep trying to post by the deadline. Good luck and good reading everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read more of Sparkle's Custody Chain case - but your health has to be first (and second) priority. Look after yourself please.

      Delete
    2. I'm so sorry you've been ill! We always appreciate your participation, but in the end, your health has to come first. Do what's best for you.

      Delete
    3. Sorry you're ill, Roland. I hope you can post before the deadline.

      Delete
    4. Sorry to hear you're unwell, Roland. Feel better soon.

      Delete
    5. Thanks for all the positive thoughts. Finally, I found enough energy to post - once Wordpress let me access my own site. Now for rest and reading. Not sure how many comments though.

      Delete
  7. I was able to comment on Kalpana's blog, but I'm having trouble commenting on Pat Garcia's. She may want to check her blog's spam folder, where there are three comments from me! Otherwise, they were obliterated and are floating in bits through cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left a comment for Pat to check to see if your comments ended up in her spam folder. Hopefully that's the case and it gets resolved!

      Delete
  8. Better late than never. I just posted, but I plan to start reading tomorrow. So busy but so looking forward to this. I hope there are some scary and or funny ones this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a good mix of stories so far in my reading! I hope you enjoy them too! I'm looking forward to reading your entry!

      Delete
  9. I am caught in some sort of loop in DM Hanton's comments. Tried 4 times to comment. Can't keep doing this. Here is my comment:

    Hi Donna! Ooh. Espionage. Drugs. Mafia. We're heading deep into troubled waters. I'm amazed how each of these episodes is so different, yet have continuity. I love these two characters and love the way you allude to antique vase. Who could forget that one? BTW, I like the French-isms to keep us grounded. Sanhita missed the first episode where this is spelled out.

    One thing: It would be easier to read if you put white space between the dialogue instead of cramming it close. I have to do it manually as blogger loses my breaks all the time. Does make a big difference.

    Looking forward to Grave Mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was able to comment on everyone's posts. So far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't play FB and am unable to comment on Carole's post. How I wish I could.
    Painful, poignant (and I itch to know the secret she has hidden).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that's everybody! Like Ahnold, I and my hack writing will be back in October.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't find a way to comment on Carole's post without the FB plugin. I really liked her piece, the buildup and the mystery and finally the lighthearted revelation. Especially liked the title!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge thanks to all.
    I think/I hope I have read everyone's contribution - and as usual I have been blown away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just popping on to say the same thing! I love where the prompt has taken people this time. Such wonderfully diverse stories!

      Delete
  15. I have added Hilary's piece, but it won't sit at the end. Sorry. It'll be hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

Have temporarily enabled comments without moderation. If the spammers hit us, it'll be reinstated.