Tuesday 31 July 2018

Welcome to #WEP - Write...Edit...Publish AUGUST Challenge -- CHANGE OF HEART

Hello there beloved writers!

It's time for our AUGUST challenge, CHANGE OF HEART.

This month, we welcome writers from the IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) who are joining the challenge. Some are already regulars and I'm hoping many more will become part of the WEP team as well.

The WEP team have a GUEST POST on the IWSG website on August 6. Here is the link which won't go live until August 6:  
http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/2018/08/writing-together-with-wep-and-iswg.html

Here are some suggestions for this challenge:
  • a commitment made when a prospect looked attractive, 
  • a decision on a course of action, and then regrets and reluctance to follow through,  
  • an engagement, a date, a diet plan, a chore someone said they’d do and didn’t follow through,  
  • a strip poker-game. Or maybe a gamble with super-high, panic inducing stakes, 
  • a break for independence that once made, gives pause for second thoughts,
  • a bolt for the grass-always-greener pasture and then wanting to vault-n-turn right back,
  • a broken relationship where one/both parties regret the loss
  • something offered, then withdrawn.  

Myriad ways to go.  

Over to you. Sign up now. Please remember to add WEP to your post title so it's easily spotted. We like to have all participants on the blogroll, please have a quick scan and tell us if your blog is missing and email Denise if it's not there!
**







We'd love it if you'd tweet one of these:

The WEP/IWSG August Challenge CHANGE OF HEART - @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey @TheIWSG https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2018/08/welcome-to-wep-writeeditpublish-august.html #amwriting #ff #WEPFF  

The WEP 2018 August Challenge Change of Heart - @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey @TheIWSG https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2018/08/welcome-to-wep-writeeditpublish-august.html #amwriting #flashfiction #WEPFF 

A Change of Heart? August’s Challenge @YolandaRenee & @DeniseCCovey @TheIWSG https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2018/08/welcome-to-wep-writeeditpublish-august.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction

Join @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey @TheIWSG for the Latest FF Challenge Change of Heart https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2018/08/welcome-to-wep-writeeditpublish-august.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction

What does a Change of Heart mean to you? Tell @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey @TheIWSG in this month’s challenge and you may be our next winner! https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2018/08/welcome-to-wep-writeeditpublish-august.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction

There will be no Change of Heart when you join and take part! @YolandaRenee @DeniseCCovey @TheIWSG https://writeeditpublishnow.blogspot.com/2018/08/welcome-to-wep-writeeditpublish-august.html #WEPFF #amwriting #flashfiction




**IF YOU WANT TO SHARE THE CHALLENGE ON YOUR BLOG, COPY THIS SCRIPT:

<!-- start InLinkz script -->


<script type="text/javascript">

document.write('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" src="https://www.inlinkz.com/cs.php?id=791365&' + new Date().getTime() + '"><\/script>');
</script>



55 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You always come up with something amazing, Sue! You have 2 weeks! Looking forward to your entry!

      Delete
    2. Love spell is very simple and no side effects, I got my ex to love me again with love spell, in case you are finding it difficult to get your husband/wife to love you again, love spell is the solution you need to make it happen. You can contact Dr Ekpen today to cast the love spell for you because it works for me and I also know it will work for you too. Contact him at ekpentemple@gmail.com or whatsapp +2347050270218.

      Delete
  2. I added my direct link. Looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great theme for this month, and I'm excited by the new collaboration with IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked up!
    The story concept came to me in a flash... now to get it onto paper in a coherent manner...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the best stories come in flashes! Have fun flashing it up!

      Delete
  5. I hope my first attempt is okay- https://rolandclarke.com/2018/08/06/wep-change-of-heart/ - I will try to learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roland I will add your Direct Link. Well done for following the steps.

      Delete
    2. Except I should have waited and posted on August 15th - amendment in the works.

      Delete
    3. I almost did the same! Caught it just in time and scheduled it for next week.

      Delete
    4. Roland you can add a permalink which is what I thought you’d done. Most people don’t start reading till the due date. Don’t worry about it. We’re relaxed here.

      Delete
    5. I will schedule a post linking to the erroneous post, which I will leave up. I might even edit the piece...might.

      Delete
    6. Finally, I've read all the amazing pieces. Pleased to be amongst such talent.

      Delete
  6. Ooh, funny, I have a card game scene from one of my wips that's not exactly strip poker... They're playing a Swiss game called Jass, and they're using betting slips with bits of clothing written on them, to be cashed later. She wins :-)
    But that's not the scene I'm going to post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you tease Deniz! Why not? Good to see you here anyway.

      Delete
    2. It's way over the word limit, is my excuse :p

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sending it. Been teaching all day. Will get to read soon.

      Delete
  7. I'm back again for my second WEP! I came up with something a bit different, but it was fun to write. I will polish it up and post on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This challenge got the best of me. You could say I called it in, but I had to post something. I had three stories and couldn't make any of them what I really wanted. Muse has failed me for this, but the WIP is coming along great. Go figure...
    I am thrilled to see so many participants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting Renee. Glad the WIP is coming along. That’s the best!

      Delete
  9. My direct link is here: http://jemimapett.com/blog/2018/08/15/wep-august-flashfiction-change-heart/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been awhile, but yay for being back in the WEP Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get into Shannon Lawrence's link. It tells me it is invalid. Is anyone else having more success than me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. That was a permalink which Shannon had scheduled for later. I removed the DL when I realised but another lovely team member re added it. I see you’ve commented now.

      Delete
    2. I stalked her and followed her home through her comments on other posts.

      Delete
    3. Clever you. The story was worth all the stalking for sure.

      Delete
  12. Late posting here. Apologies and please post DL. Left message in the sidebar box too. Problems this a. m. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope all is okay DL. Someone has kindly DLd you while I slept.

      Delete
  13. I'm going to apologise in advance if I struggle to visit everybody - life is tough at the moment - depressive at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roland. How lovely of you to tell us. We don't expect you to visit everybody, but of course we love it when people do. But we understand life pressures.

      Delete
    2. I'm going to read some more, but my hands are struggling to type properly so my comments may..................

      Delete
  14. I'm sorry to say I had to delete 4 no shows - Anna, Corinne, Helen and Dixie. Unsure whether they intended to post, but well past the post date/time now. It's now Friday 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i enjoyed my visit her as it is great t know people who are creative and share their ideas and feeling through their creative imagination

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lot of entries. The start of a great partnership with IWSG.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, I hope I visited everyone; I really tried to. I had such a good time reading these stories. There's always something that blows my mind, makes me laugh, has me on edge, makes me cry, and gets me mad. Everytime I miss the WEP challenge, I always regret it. I have never regretted entering the challenge or following all the stories. So glad WEP and IWSG have partnered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading around Toi. It means a lot to us. We miss you when you don’t post. Let’s hope you come back each time.

      Delete
  18. Is this the place to ask? I'm going to post about a drama-documentary I made with my ex in about 1990 - called Change of Heart - about ways of reducing youth crime. The film involved young offenders in the cast & crew. Would anyone be interested if I posted a link here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably no one would read it here in the comments now, Roland, but we could add it to the next WEP post when we announce the winners. Send the link to my email.
      You can post it here if you want to as well...

      Delete
    2. Okay, Denise. I'll do that - when I write it. (Finger fatigue.)

      Delete
  19. oh, I got the post date wrong. My bad. I guess I'll just read then. I'm sure I'm too late for that also though. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late to read, Donna, but yes, a bit late to post...Is the MailChimp email working for you? I've been sending out emails each time there is something to be done WEP wise. I thought it might have been because of your breakdown etc that you didn't make it...x

      Delete
  20. Thanks a lot for sharing this excellent info! I am looking forward to seeing more posts by you as soon as possible! I have judged that you do not compromise on quality. free online chat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love spell is very simple and no side effects, I got my ex to love me again with love spell, in case you are finding it difficult to get your husband/wife to love you again, love spell is the solution you need to make it happen. You can contact Dr Ekpen today to cast the love spell for you because it works for me and I also know it will work for you too. Contact him at ekpentemple@gmail.com or whatsapp +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Best Online Family Indian Chat chat room With English Chat Room. https://mychatcafe.com/indian-chat-rooms/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you want to see the best Pakistan chat room where you get to meet Million of Pakistanis? If you have been eagerly searching for the best online friendship websites where you can chat with Pakistanis without registration Here, we’ll be sharing the best Pakistani Chat Room where you can the best online free chat room for new chatters living in Pakistan. This is not all, as I will also be sharing with you, famous Online chat room for girls and boys to meet, discuss, share ideas, date and even Marry. I promise you, this will be the best chat places where you get to meet others from your country and have countless fun online. GupshupFamily will also be offering free Desi chat for Desi girls and boys who want to connect and get to know themselves more. and where you get to meet millions of other Pakistan with lot of fun masti maza.here's a site link enjoy. www.GupshupFamily.com

    ReplyDelete

Have temporarily enabled comments without moderation. If the spammers hit us, it'll be reinstated.