As everyone gets the New Year off to a great start, your hosts have been working on the details for WEP 2016 challenges. Here's the new menu and a link to the 2016 Challenges Page which is still under construction, but the dates and prompts for each challenge are listed. We hope you'll put WEP on your calendar and get your muse flowing with the possibilities.
Our first challenge is all about that elusive or not-so-elusive icon of love, the Valentine.
- Does it hold special meaning, or is it just another day?
- Do you have not-so-fond memories such as the angst of young love waiting for a Valentine's card from a schoolyard crush?
- Were you the one who missed out while all your friends got loads of cards?
- Or were you filled with glee that your Valentine' Day cache was overflowing while your friends looked on, filled with jealousy?
- Did you have a nasty boyfriend or girlfriend who texted on Valentine's Day to break up?
- Alternatively, did you have a husband or wife, the romantic at heart, who surprised you with a secret Valentine's Day trip to the place of your dreams?
Of course, you don't have to write a fictional story at all! Plenty of other options.
Poetry – Valentine's Day is all about the poetry – I doubt our poets need any prompting here.
For a visual piece, do you have a Valentine's tale that goes along with a saved Valentine, or one you created on your own – share it and tell us the story behind it? A Valentine's Card used as a post, created or real, would be a stand out.
Alternatively, post a picture of love or something that signifies what the holiday means to you or someone close to you or someone completely imagined.
We also know there are anti-valentine folks out there, and that's fine too. Tell us why and how you celebrate love or lack thereof, without the need for a holiday.
For a non-fiction piece or that tale of fiction, 1000 words or less is the suggested limit.
Can't get enough of Valentine writing challenges???
THEN THERE'S THIS!!!!!
We'll post the Linky for sign-ups to our very own WEP challenge on the 1st February. Don't forget to sign on, and remember it's the same day as posts go live for the Lost & Found Blogfest being held by Guilie and Arlee.
You can learn more about the Lost & Found and sign up HERE.
We can't pass up a blogfest about romance so we're helping by being co-hosts.
PLEASE JOIN US FOR NOT ONE, BUT TWO,
VERY SPECIAL BLOGFESTS
TO KICK OFF THE NEW YEAR!
REMEMBER: The Lost & Found blogfest posts on February 1st
The WEP Valentine blogfest posts between February 17th- 19th